Inverness Cathedral is a large cathedral of the Scottish Episcopal Church. Completed in 1869 and dedicated to Saint Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. It sits close to the banks of the River Ness in the city of Inverness. It is the seat of the Bishop of Moray, Ross and Caithness, and Mother Church of the Diocese of Moray, Ross and Caithness.
The cathedral has a ring of ten change-ringing church bells, and also an eleventh, used only for chiming. The first one was cast in 1869. Then the other ten in 1877. The ninth bell was recast in 2012 to correct a tuning issue.
The building which now houses the Inverness Cathedral Café and Shop was once a small school, built within the cathedral grounds in 1872. A copy of the school’s Roll of Honour from the First World War is on display inside.